HOPE for NH Recovery is pleased to offer a five-day CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© (RCA) and optional Training of Trainers (TOT).
This training is for individuals who are involved in the recovery initiation of others and/or are in sustained recovery themselves and want to become a Recovery Coach or a Certified Recovery Support Worker for people seeking or already in recovery.
Recovery Coaching is a peer-based recovery support service that is non-clinical and designed to engage others beyond recovery initiation through stabilization and into recovery maintenance. Similar peer interventions in clinical settings have been shown to improve engagement and retention of people seeking services. It is also known that long-term treatment and/or recovery outcomes are improved by assertive linkages to community-based recovery supports such as Recovery Coaching.
- Help to initiate and sustain an individual/family in their recovery from substance use disorder or addiction.
- Promote recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery
- Serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking, or already in recovery
- CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
RCA March 23-27, 2015
TOT March 23-28, 2015
30-hour Recovery Coach Academy – 9:00 to 4:30 each day (Registration at 8:30 on Day One)
10-hour Training of Trainers – 1 hour at the end of each day, plus 9:00 to 2:00 March 28,2015
Location: NHADACA 140 Pembroke Road Concord, NH 03301
Registration & Payment Deadline: March 1, 2015
FEE: $400 RCA and an additional $125 for TOT
All manuals will be provided by HOPE for NH Recovery. Participants will receive a Recovery Coach Academy Certificate (and a TOT Certification, if applicable) No certificates will be issued for partial completion.
For more information, contact Cheryle Pacapelli; (603) 421-0255, firstname.lastname@example.org